Recovery Worship of Fargo, ND

Recovery Worship of Fargo, ND
A fellowship of Christians who have choosen to live by the 12 steps of Recovery.

Friday, September 14, 2012

Pitching my tent.

It has been forever since I last posted on this blog site.  As a matter of fact, with things as busy as they have been, I have forgotten I even had this blog. The other day I got some feedback from a blog I had written a couple of years ago, I was surprised, yet thankful that this kind person had taken the time to first read my blog, and second to send me a nice comment.  Well so, here I am, once again sitting on the  couch, dog in my lap, laptop resting on his back, giving it another go.

I am still working on this Sunday's sermon.  Hard to get into it this week, I know the attendance will be low this week.  The North Dakota State Round-up (an annual statewide event that any AA member worth their recovery will be attending this weekend here in Fargo) is going on this weekend and most of my folks will be attending.  So I have been kind of contemplating my change of call that took place this summer and where I have chosen to pitch my tent for the foreseeable future in my call to Recovery Worship.

Over the summer I resigned my position as the Director of Lost and Found Ministry in Moorhead in order to serve Recovery Worship full time.  Don't really remember exactly when this happened, seems like years ago but it wasn't.  There are things I miss about working at LFM.  What a ministry, the folks of Trinity Lutheran Church in Moorhead should be proud.  Having worked there for over five years I am not sure they truly understand the valuable service that ministry provides our area.  I was called to LFM on a 25%/75% bases and anyone who works such a setup knows what that means.  RW now desires and requires a full time pastor, and LFM requires a more than 25% director.  So I pulled up stakes and pitched my tent at RW.

So anyway, watch this spot I hope to get back to blogging as often as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment